Hail the Ale is a Beer Judging Certification Program (BJCP) and American Homebrewers Association (AHA) sanctioned homebrew competition.
1. All beers must have been brewed at home. Beers brewed in a commercial brewery, microbrewery, brewpub or BOP are ineligible for entry.
2. Group brews are accepted.
3. Anyone may drop off entries to the designated location but mail-in entries will only be accepted from Kansas residents.
ALL ENTRIES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
** Registration for official entries are open now through www.reggiebeer.com**
1. Each beer entry is $7. Limit of 10 entries per brewer.
2. Only one entry per BJCP subcategory per brewer will be accepted (in accordance with BJCP rules). Each entry must follow the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines. We will not accept meads and ciders.
3. Two bottles containing 10-14 ounces each are required for each entry. Bottles should be brown or green in color. Bottles and caps must not have any labels or identifying markings. Caps must be plain OR blacked out with a permanent marker.
Bottles that are half-liter, grolsch style / ceramic in closure, that have raised lettering or identifying marks, or bottles that have distinctive colored caps will not be eligible for judging.
4. Each bottle must have the entry ID form (as printed through ReggieBeers) RUBBERBANDED around it (tape will not be accepted). A BJCP recipe sheet must also accompany each entry. http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_EntryRecipe.pdf
Please completely fill out the recipe form! Judges use to clarify questions about your beer during the judging and cannot provide a thorough critique if they have poor references.
5. Entries must be dropped off at the Manhattan Area Chamber of Commerce, 501 Poyntz Ave in Manhattan, KS between noon - 5 p.m. July 25, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 26 or July 27. We will accept mail-in entries from Kansas residents only! Mail-ins should arrive between July 25-27, 2016. Shipping address is 501 Poyntz Ave., Manhattan, KS 66502. Attention: Marcia Rozell.
Entries are not considered complete until fees and all required paperwork are accepted. Entry fees are non-refundable.
All entries, including paperwork and bottles, become the property of Hail the Ale competition and will not be returned.
Each brewer will receive a copy of their BJCP score sheet via email once winners have been announced on Saturday, Aug. 6.
Questions or concerns, please contact Tourism Sales Manager Marcia Rozell at email@example.com.
We hope participants enjoy this event. We appreciate your participation and enthusiasm!